Alber Battery Monitoring Systems
It’s no secret that batteries are the weakest link to a backup power system supporting your critical load. Battery monitoring systems give you the ability to detect a battery going bad instantly. These monitoring systems measure overall voltage, cell voltages, current, and temperature; all key components that influence how batteries perform.
Learn how battery monitoring can lower your battery maintenance cost, and ensure you stay online.
**Along with these measurements, battery monitoring systems have the ability to measure battery resistance along with inter-tier resistance, measurements that will allow the user to troubleshoot a possible bad battery.
Battery monitoring systems are also ideal for those who expect to add more battery strings to their system at a later time since battery monitoring systems are able to measure up to one thousand strings.
Our monitoring solution simply saves you money by:
- Preventing battery failure
- Optimizing useful battery life
- Reducing maintenance cost
- Increasing safety
So Why Alber?
The Alber Battery Monitoring Systems use a patented internal DC resistance test method that bypasses the limitations of AC based impedance testing used by other manufacturers. Like an ultrasound for a battery, Albér technology lets you “look inside” and assess the battery’s true state of health. It tests the condition of each module by performing a proactive resistance test – the most reliable indicator of battery performance.
There are different monitor solutions, depending on the type of battery system you have:
- BDS-40 (for VRLA battery systems with up to 40 battery cells/modules per string)
- BDS-256 XL (for larger battery systems with up to 256 battery cells/modules per string)
- MPM-100 (for battery systems that are 150 vdc or less or 100 cells/modules per string
- UXIM (for 120v battery systems, primarily for utility applications and NERC PRC-005 compliance)